- Continuous training and development programme
- Work towards trade qualification
- Permanent opportunities, Porirua, Wellington and Lower Hutt
Our serviceperson teams play a critical role in ensuring a continual supply of quality water with minimal interruptions to communities and ensuring our drainage networks are free flowing and repaired promptly. Working in either our Drainage, Water or Roading Department in the reinstatement team, no two days will be the same as you head out across the Wellington and South Wairarapa regions undertaking a mix of planned and reactive works where you will:
- Install and repair water and drainage connections on all size mains
- Work on jobs of all shapes and sizes
- Flush and charge water mains
- Ensure a free-flowing wastewater and stormwater piped network is maintained.
- Complete network repairs, clear blockages and sewage problems, minimize leaking infrastructure, installing connections
- Construct and adjust manholes and pipelines or be a part of a team attending different locations to reinstate roads, footpaths and berms which includes concreting and general labouring.
- Work together with various teams and contractors to achieve positive outcomes
To find out more about the water, drainage and reinstatement teams, qualification pathway and what we are offering please visit our information website here.
What’s in it for you?
- Ongoing Training and Development for tickets, certifications, and qualifications
- Significant career pathways and supportive people leaders
- Additional 5 days leave per annum after 2 years’ service and additional domestic leave above minimum requirement
- Wellbeing and safety support programmes such as EAP and an additional wellbeing day once per annum
- Opportunities to work additional hours for higher earnings
- Free vision and hearing testing and discounts on corrective lenses, and various NZ retailers including Southern Cross Health Insurance
- A commitment to your health, safety, and wellbeing
- An active, challenging, and fulfilling job making a pathway to a rewarding career path for life
We offer remuneration based on your current tickets, licensing and experience, to enquire about skilled remuneration starting points please feel free to contact us.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- The ability to use technology (i.e., iPad or tablet) to record information.
- An understanding and commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- A full, clean driver’s licence class 1 is a must
- Enjoy working outdoors and can complete manual labour tasks.
- A reliable, hard-working, and can-do attitude.
- The flexibility to work on an on-call roster than includes shift work and standby, after 3-6 months
- Class 2, Civil or Water experience is ideal and will lead to a higher remuneration starting point.
Wellington Water is the Wellington region’s professional water services provider. We are 100 per cent council owned and funded by Wellington City, Hutt City, Porirua City, and Upper Hutt City councils, Greater Wellington Regional Council and South Wairarapa District Council.
Our job is to provide safe and healthy drinking water, collect and treat wastewater, and ensure the stormwater network is well managed. We do this on behalf of our council owners.
How to apply:
To apply for the role, click on the” apply” button. Please not only online application will be accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis, please apply Today!
To apply for this role, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand.
For further information, or a copy of the position description following this link or email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz