1. Inclusive Culture: It is important to us that people love our culture. We embrace a workplace where diversity is celebrated, and inclusivity is at our core. Our team is united by passion, dedication, and a shared care for water and our community.
2. Safety and Support: We provide an Employee Assistance Scheme for crucial personal support, along with wellbeing and lifestyle education delivered through our Wellbe Team, ensuring you feel supported in and out of the workplace.
3. Health is Wealth: We prioritise your health with an annual voluntary health "warrant of fitness," immunisations, and flu vaccinations. Moreover, enjoy annual subsidised vision testing and contributions toward glasses to ensure clear vision.
4. Work-Life Balance: Where possible there is access to flexible work practices. And take advantage of our annual leave, reaching five weeks after three years of service, and 10 days sick leave from starting with us. In addition, take one paid day a year for your personal Wellbeing. We also offer parental leave and partner entitlements to support you during significant life moments.
5. Comprehensive Benefits: We have partnered with providers for discounted Southern Cross medical insurance, periodic vision and hearing tests, and eyewear subsidies. You can also access discounts at a range of retailers via Boost. Gain access to top-notch gear, machinery, PPE, and tools, fostering a safe work environment if you are “on the tools”. We also offer a staff referral bonus paid when a person is recruited for a senior front line position, and we may offer relocation support if you need to move into the district to work here.
6. Professional Growth: Grow your skills with a range of development opportunities. Boosting your personal and work career.
7. Community Connection: You can take one paid day a year to participate in voluntary work on a water-related activity. And maybe join our active Waiata group and be part of a community that works together, sings, and thrives together.