- Varied and interesting permanent role in a great organization
- Career development and growth
- Based at our Silverstream Depot
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week
The remuneration range for this role starts at $64,498 (including KiwiSaver) but is dependent on skills and experience
As a Utilities Service person, you will ensure the effective maintenance and operation of the Wellington regional utilities assets that includes the three water pump stations, reservoirs, pressure control valve sites and area water meter sites.
The purpose of this position is to maintain and renew utilities assets across the three waters, including diagnosis and resolution of operational failures.
- Service, installation and maintenance on pumps, water meters and pressure valves
- Diagnosis and fault finding for operational issues
- Maintain, clean and repair plant and tools
- Ensure all health and safety obligations are met
- Contribute to a positive outcome for customers and team
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- A trade qualification preferred with 1 years experience
- Full clean drivers' license and a Class 2 would be desirable
- Must be able to interpret wastewater pump station plans, blueprints, charts and operation and maintenance manuals
- Physically fit - able to perform heavy manual labour
- Be able to ascend through a manhole and climb down 5m, and work from heights
- Be prepared to be on call on a rotating roster and respond to call outs
- Comprehensive wellbeing program, including one paid wellbeing day annually.
- Formal and informal professional development opportunities
- 5 weeks annual leave upon completion of 2 years’ service
- 1 day per year to do water related volunteer work
Join us as we embark on transformative journey in the water sector. We are seeking individuals to be part of this change and help shape the future of the water services in the wider Wellington region. Your job security is guaranteed, and your expertise will play a vital role in ensuring the delivery of sustainable water services to our communities.
Wellington Water is the Wellington region’s professional water services provider. We are 100 percent council owned and funded by Wellington City, Hutt City, Porirua City, and Upper Hutt City councils, Greater Wellington Regional Council and South Wairarapa District Council.
Our councils own the water infrastructure in the region, and they task us to manage the infrastructure and deliver water services to their communities.
Our job is to provide safe and healthy drinking water, collect and treat wastewater, and ensure the stormwater network is well managed. We do this on behalf of our council owners.
The value of water (a precious taonga) sits at our organizational heart. Every day our people come to work and strive to deliver services and manage infrastructure in a way that provides the best outcomes for our communities and our environment.
Applications close: 26th November 2023
How to apply
To view a copy of the position description: click here.
To apply for the role, click on the” apply” button or visit the Wellington Water Careers site.
To apply for this role, you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it.
For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.