- Develop your career through continued learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Based near the shops, cafes and beach in our Petone office
This is a full-time permanent position of 40 hours a week
The remuneration range for this role is $81,360 to $114,861 (including KiwiSaver) depending on skills and experience.
Working across the three waters, the Project Engineer sits within our Customer Operations Group where you will be delivering improvements to the network and utility assets through project management of operational and reactive renewal projects, technical support and risk management into incidents, operational asset management and investment planning.
This role will see you:
- Develop programs and project manage operational and renewal projects
- Collaborate and lead team members and suppliers to meet productivity and quality expectations
- Administer contracts and supervise our subcontractor and consultancy panels
- Coordinate technical advice and support for the wider Customer Operations Group
- Develop proactive working relationships with various teams across our councils
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- A relevant engineering qualification and a full driver's licence
- Customer service and relationship management experience
- Background in operational and project delivery experience of water supply, wastewater and stormwater systems
- Asset, project, program, contract and risk management experience
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive wellbeing programme
- Formal and informal professional development opportunities
- 5 weeks annual leave upon completion of 2 years’ service
- 1 day per year to do water related volunteer work
Join us as we embark on a transformative journey in the water sector. We are seeking individuals to be part of this change and help shape the future of the water services in the wider Wellington region. Your job security is guaranteed, and your expertise will play a vital role in ensuring the delivery of sustainable water services to our communities.
Wellington Water is the Wellington region’s professional water services provider. We are 100 per cent council owned and funded by Wellington City, Hutt City, Porirua City, and Upper Hutt City councils, Greater Wellington Regional Council and South Wairarapa District Council.
Our councils own the water infrastructure in the region, and they task us to manage the infrastructure and deliver water services to their communities.
Our job is to provide safe and healthy drinking water, collect and treat wastewater, and ensure the stormwater network is well managed. We do this on behalf of our council owners.
The value of water (a precious taonga) sits at our organisational heart. Every day our people come to work and strive to deliver services and manage infrastructure in a way that provides the best outcomes for our communities and our environment.
How to apply
To view a copy of the position description: click here
To apply for the role, click on the ”apply” button or visit the Wellington Water Careers site
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand, or be eligible to obtain it
For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.