- Gain skills and variety in drainage operations
- On the job training and development - build your career with us!
- Based at Rongotai Depot
As the Drainage CCTV Operator, you will work as part of a team who are responsible for drainage investigations and flushing of blockages across a wide variety of remedial jobs to ensure the drainage network remains operational.
Day to day you will:
- Carry out flushing and drainage investigation work
- Undertake CCTV inspection activities associated with the drainage network
- Carry out periodic maintenance checks
- Operate class 2 flusher trucks
What’s in it for you?
- A career in the water industry! We offer ongoing training, development, and support to gain industry recognized qualifications/certifications
- Remuneration $58,000 + dependent on experience
- Job security and career progression
- Company benefits
- The ability for extra earning through overtime work
- A commitment to your health, safety, and wellbeing
- A busy, challenging, and fulfilling job making an impact for generations to come
To be successful in this role you will have knowledge of the drainage network and hold a current class 2 driver's license.
The following certifications would be highly advantageous; however, we are open to supporting the successful applicant to obtain them.
- STMS traffic control certificate
- Confined space entry certificate
- Working at Heights certificate
- Relevant health and safety certificates, including traffic management, first aid and site safety
Wellington Water is the Wellington region’s professional water services provider. We are 100 per cent council owned and funded by Wellington City, Hutt City, Porirua City, and Upper Hutt City councils, Greater Wellington Regional Council and South Wairarapa District Council.
Our job is to provide safe and healthy drinking water, collect and treat wastewater, and ensure the stormwater network is well managed. We do this on behalf of our council owners.
The value of water (a precious taonga) sits at our organisational heart. Every day our people come to work and strive to deliver services and manage infrastructure in a way that provides the best outcomes for our communities and our environment.
How to apply
To apply for the role, click on the ”apply” button or visit the Wellington Water Careers site
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand
To view a copy of the position description: click here. For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.