- Hold our key relationships regarding wastewater and trade waste services
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Based in our Petone office
As our Manager Wastewater and Commercial connections, it will be your role to oversee the effective and efficient management of our Regional Wastewater Treatment Plants Contract. This will see you utilising your extensive water industry experience as you lead the setting of standards and expected levels of asset performance as you mitigate and manage the risk to human health and the environment from commercial connections.
In this role, you will have the accountability for our wastewater treatment activities that provide the outcomes of safe water and environmental excellence to our communities and exceed the requirements of our regulators. You’ll also get the chance to really demonstrate your strong relationship building skills and people and relationship building skills as you drive for continual improvement and foster an organisational culture that is based on collaboration, innovation, learning and high performance.
To be successful in this role you will have some or all of these skills and experience:
- Significant experience in the water or wastewater industry
- Contract management experience, including procurement, negotiation and contract disputes
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships to influence performance and improvement outcomes
- Experience working in a collective and collaborative leadership environment
- Strong commercial and relationship management skills as well as the ability to influence senior and executive staff
- Knowledge of the Resource Management Act
- Knowledge of contract law would be advantageous
- Proven experience as an effective people leader
- Ability to work under pressure
- Skilled in preparing group budgets and undertaking monthly financial reviews
- A real passion for the betterment of Wellington regions environmental outcomes
Wellington Water knows that a great values-driven culture like ours means we can be a trusted advisor to the region’s Councils and deliver great outcomes for our customers. Wellington Water plans and delivers drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea in partnership with the community, engineering consultants and contractors.
People work at Wellington Water because they want to make a difference. That means you will be helping to look after our most precious assets: water, human health and welfare, and the environment so our communities can prosper.
Why join us
It is an exciting time to be working in the water sector, not only are you at the forefront of looking after our most precious assets: water, human health and welfare and the environment, but proposed changes for the sector is increasing awareness around the importance of managing the three waters and creating new opportunities. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
Please click here to view our benefits
Applications close: Sunday 17th July 2022
How to apply
To view a copy of the position description: click here
To apply for the role, click on the ”apply” button or visit the Wellington Water Careers site
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand, or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options
For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
We support being fully vaccinated. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.