- Looking for a role that gets you out and about?
- Keen to join a great team that works with our development community to connect water services to new housing?
- Are you good at working through challenges on development construction sites?
We’re looking for a Team Leader Land Development Inspections & Connections, to lead a team that carries out inspections on water, wastewater and stormwater services at new subdivisions and land developments. You will work closely with our Land Development Consenting team to ensure that physical works are carried out to the right standard of work and in line with council approvals.
As the team leader, you’ll undertake a high component of continuing “to do” work to carry out inspections and oversee new connections, while working with our stakeholders, managing escalations, support business and financial planning and implementing continual process improvements.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- a tertiary qualification in engineering or relevant trade qualification
- five years’ experience in water and drainage or land development
- demonstrated ability to lead a team
- knowledge of new water networks, inspections and connections for new housing and subdivision
- knowledge of the application of Council Codes of Practice, Regional Standard Water Specification NZ4404
- knowledge of the consenting, RMA, Building Act and Local Government Act provisions for new developments.
In addition to the above, you will be a self-starter who is focused on providing solutions and outcomes that are in line with best practice, you will understand what it takes to bring people together to achieve results and be able to communicate and build strong relationships with stakeholders so they feel well-informed and have a high level of trust.
Wellington Water knows that a great values-driven culture like ours means we can be a trusted advisor to the region’s Councils and deliver great outcomes for our customers. Wellington Water plans and delivers drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea in partnership with the community, engineering consultants and contractors.
People work at Wellington Water because they want to make a difference. That means you will be helping to look after our most precious assets: water, human health and welfare, and the environment so our communities can prosper.
Why join us?
It is an exciting time to be working in the water sector, not only are you at the forefront of looking after our most precious assets: water, human health and welfare and the environment but proposed changes for the sector is increasing awareness around the importance of managing the three waters and creating new opportunities. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged and you will work alongside like-minded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you! If you have questions about the role, please email JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz.
How to apply
To apply for the role, click on the ”apply” button or visit the Wellington Water Careers site
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand, or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options
For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
We support being fully vaccinated. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.