- Lead and drive the strategic recruitment, talent selection, and process improvement
- Fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Full-time, permanent position based in Petone
Who are we:
We manage the drinking water, wastewater, and storm water services from source to sea for our councils – Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt, Wellington City, South Wairarapa District, and Greater Wellington Regional Councils. We partner with the community, engineering consultants, and contractors on projects, water conservation, operations work, and asset planning.
Wellington Water is on a transformation journey to improve three waters services in our region - and it starts with our people. It’s a fast-paced, exciting environment where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse range of people while broadening your scope and making a meaningful difference.
Where you come in:
This is a new role and will be a key part of our growing People & Capability Team. The team leads the development and implementation of people and culture-related strategies that increase organisational capability. The team is also responsible for the delivery of operational and advisory human resources services to the organisation, and internal communications.
As the Talent Acquisition Lead, your variety-packed day could involve everything from providing strategic recruitment, operational recruitment, team leadership, and making process improvements and so much more!
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or at least 10 years’ extensive recruitment experience
- Design, and use of best-practice recruitment approaches and processes
- Leading, coaching, and supporting staff
- Proactive approach to process improvement, particularly around business needs or legislative requirements impacting recruitment
- Building and managing meaningful relationships at all levels of an organisation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
In addition to the above, you will be self-starter, influential, great at collaborating and participating to help your immediate team members, staff, and others across Wellington Water.
Further position information can be obtained from the Position Description
What’s in it for you:
It’s an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to become an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside like-minded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.
Closing date: Sunday 23rd January 2022, but we will likely review and progress applications as they are received, SO DON’T DELAY, APPLY TODAY!
Applicants will be required to be double vaccinated for Covid plus undergo drug, alcohol, and medical testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.