- Community Engagement and External Communications
- Fulltime, permanent position
- Location, Petone
Who are we:
We manage the drinking water, wastewater, and storm water services from source to sea for our councils – Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt, Wellington City, South Wairarapa District, and Greater Wellington Regional Councils. We partner with the community, engineering consultants, and contractors on projects, water conservation, operations work, and asset planning.
Where you come in:
The Senior Community Engagement Advisor is a key part of our small Communications and Community Engagement Team. We’re dedicated to making it easy for the community to understand what is happening with their water services and infrastructure and the role we all play in improving the quality of our water and reducing water use across the region.
As the Senior Community Engagement Advisor, you will love building strong relationships with community groups and our key stakeholders. You will lead the development and implementation of the community engagement strategy for Wellington Water. You will bring a strong community/stakeholder engagement lens to all the work we do and provide strong advice and support the business to implement effective community engagement initiatives. You will be part of the Incident and Emergency Management Teams, which includes being on an on-call roster.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or at least 5 + years’ experience in community engagement or communications
- Highly developed relationship management skills to be able to work with a wide range of people at all levels including community interest groups, senior management, staff, external media, senior councillors
- Ability to think strategically, to advise and influence others
- Experience of working with or alongside infrastructure, utilities or local government is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Other specialist communication and engagement skills, i.e. event management, marketing communications, and media engagement is desirable
In addition to the above, you will be a self-starter, great at collaborating and pitching in to help your immediate colleagues and others across Wellington Water.
Further position information can be obtained from the Position Description
What’s in it for you:
It’s an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue being an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside like-minded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.
Closing date: Sunday 30 January 2022, but we will likely review and progress applications as they are received, SO DON’T DELAY, APPLY TODAY!
Applicants will be required to be double vaccinated for Covid plus undergo drug, alcohol, and medical testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.