- Do you excel in a busy, fast-paced and supportive environment?
- Analyse, design, develop, integrate, and automate our user-friendly digital products and services
- Full-time, permanent position based in Petone
Who are we:
Not only is water our most precious resource but it’s a hot topic in the Wellington region and nationally.
As a trusted advisor to the region’s Councils, we partner with the community, engineering consultants and contractors to deliver drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea.
Where do you come in:
As part of Digital Products and Services, you will be responsible for analysing, designing, developing, integrating and automating user friendly digital products and services that are aligned with the organisational business outcome. As our Backend specialist, you will manage the ingestion and automation of different data sources into the organisational data storage platform.
The Digital Products and Services team ultimately develops and maintains digital products and provides digital services used by Wellington Water, our client councils and our partners. It supports the delivery of organisational outcomes and strategies by ensuring that regular business value from data and information is delivered through cross functional teams and agile development cycles.
At Wellington Water the need to access and utilise good quality data and information is increasingly important across all roles in our business, for the delivery of our services and the way we work together. The new water regulations will only amplify the role our data and information assets will play in the future, to inform our priorities, operate efficiently and demonstrate compliance.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in developing backend solutions.
- Experience with developing, publishing, maintaining, and monitoring of REST API services and usage of push notifications.
- Skilled at backend scripting using python, Ruby or any scripting language.
- An understanding of database and server-side languages such as MS SQL, PostgreSQL and Redshift
- In-depth knowledge of ETL process and how to transform data from different sources using data transformation tools such as FME is highly desirable.
- Experience working within an agile environment and/or in a cross-functional team environment.
- Expertise in relational and multi-dimensional data modelling and structured query language (SQL) skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of multiple modern problem/opportunity analysis methodologies.
The Ideal candidate will have a have a tertiary qualification in Computer Science, or other relevant field. You will also have strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills on top of an excellent customer focus to complement your ability to build effective peer and working relationships. You’ll also be able to adjust your personal style and approach as appropriate to the situation; all enabling you to effectively cope with change and handle risk and uncertainty.
What’s in it for you:
It’s an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.
This role is only open to those who have the right to work in New Zealand.
Closing date: Sunday 23rd January 2022, but we will be reviewing and progressing applications as they are received, so don’t delay, get your application in NOW!
If you require additional information, please contact Tony Collins, Recruitment Lead – Tony.Collins@wellingtonwater.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.