- Are you looking for a new challenge in the New Year?
- Keen to be part of city growth and housing delivery?
- Opportunity to work in a great, collaborative team!
Who are we?
Not only is water our most precious resource but it’s a hot topic in the Wellington region and nationally. Housing supply is in high demand and the land development team works with others to deliver new subdivisions with high quality three water servicing.
As a trusted advisor to the region’s Councils, we partner with the community, engineering consultants and contractors to deliver drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea.
Where you come in
This is an opportunity to join a knowledgeable, collaborative team and be part of city growth and housing delivery. You may be at any stage of your career, looking to be part of a transformational era for three waters and land development in the Wellington region.
As a Land Development Engineer, you will provide 3 Waters (water, wastewater, and stormwater) advice and information relating to consenting the development of land. You will be familiar with Council policy, legislation and the regional engineering standards and specifications for 3 Waters infrastructure. As Engineer, you are expected to work on range of development issues, review engineering proposals and designs, carry out assessments, and provide timely support and technical guidance to the team.
To be successful in this role, you will be skilled in:
- Relevant qualification or experience preferably in 3 Waters or Land Development
- Knowledge of the Resource Management Act, Local Government Act and Civil Engineering Practice
- Analytical skills and able to carry out informed assessments and make meaningful decisions
- Written and verbal communication skills, able to put ideas across in a logical and coherent fashion
- Customer relationship and stakeholder management skills combined with a strong customer service ethos
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), MIPENZ (preferred), be solutions-focused, show good judgement and have a working knowledge of the Resource Management Act and district planning procedures.
What’s in it for you:
It’s an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to become an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.
Closing date: end of January 2022 but we will be reviewing and progressing applications as they are received, SO DON’T DELAY, APPLY TODAY!
Applicants will be required to be double vaccinated for Covid plus undergo drug, alcohol, and medical testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.