Senior Engineer Land Development Consenting
- Looking for a new challenge?
- Do you thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment?
- Full-time, permanent position based in Petone
Who are we?
Not only is water our most precious resource but it’s a hot topic in the Wellington region and nationally.
As a trusted advisor to the region’s Councils, we partner with the community, engineering consultants and contractors to deliver drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea.
Where you come in
The Senior Engineer, Land Development provides 3 Waters (water, wastewater, and stormwater) advice and information relating to consenting the development of land. This includes assessing the 3-water components of land development proposals to ensure it meets Council policy, legislation and the regional engineering standards and specifications for becoming part of the 3 Waters infrastructure. As a Senior Engineer, you are expected to take the lead on complex issues, review work and provide timely support and technical guidance to the team.
To be successful in this role, you will be skilled in:
- Minimum 5 years’ post qualification experience preferably in 3 Waters or Land Development
- Thorough knowledge of the Local Government Act and Civil Engineering Practice
- Strong analytical skills and able to manage data to inform and make meaningful decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to put ideas across in a logical and coherent fashion
- Proven relationship and stakeholder management skills combined with a strong customer service ethos
The ideal candidate will be a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), MIPENZ (preferred), be solutions-focused and show good judgement and have a working knowledge of the Resource Management Act and district planning procedures.
What’s in it for you:
It’s an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to become an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.
Closing date: Monday 1 November 2021, 9am NZT but we will be reviewing and progressing applications as they are received, SO DON’T DELAY, APPLY TODAY!
Position Description: Senior Engineer Land Development Consenting
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand. You will have a full drivers licence.