Who are we:
We manage the drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea for our client councils, who are the Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington city councils, South Wairarapa District Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council. We partner with the community, engineering consultants and contractors on water services projects, water conservation, operations work and asset planning.
Where do you come in:
The Senior Business Analyst sits within the Digital Products and Services team where you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of technology, high quality data and information services through cross functional teams. You will manage the documentation, interpretation, storage, administration and configuration of data warehouse infrastructure and data schemas to support the organisational business outcomes.
The purpose of this role is to engage business stakeholders to understand, analyse and document data and information related solution requirements that are aligned with the organisational business outcomes. Your key relationships will be across Wellington Water, members of the Digital Products and Services Team, stakeholders in solution design and implementation, key application and platform technology vendors and our partner organisations.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 4+ years’ experience in a cross functional solution development team in a matrix organisation.
- Proven track record of delivery from conception to go-live including all elements of stakeholder management, technology, and customer outcomes.
- Relationship management experience in a complex business environment.
- Knowledge and experience in design thinking and co-design methodologies, in agile technology methodology, with excellent working knowledge of tools such as Jira, Confluence and MS Visio.
- Excellent communication skills to drive collaborative problem solving to influence buy in.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills so you can build effective peer and working relationships and adjust your personal style and approach as appropriate to the situation.
- The ability to thrive in a busy and fast paced environment and effectively cope with change and handle risk and uncertainty.
The Ideal candidate will have a have a tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field, CBAP / Product Owner Certification will be an advantage. You will enjoy looking for opportunities to add value, be a self-directed, and an outcome-focused team player with good attention to detail.
What’s in it for you:
It’s an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.
This role is only open to those who have the right to work in New Zealand.
Closing date: Sunday 12th September 2021, 5.00pm NZT
If you require additional information, please contact Tony Collins, Recruitment Lead – Tony.Collins@wellingtonwater.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.