· Fulltime, permanent
· Utilities, Water and Environmental Sector
· Location, Silverstream or Rongotai (managers discretion)
Who we are:
We manage the drinking water, wastewater, and storm water services from source to sea for our client councils, who are the Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington city councils, South Wairarapa District Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council. We partner with the community, engineering consultants and contractors on water services projects, water conservation, operations work and asset planning.
The Customer Operations Group leads the operations and maintenance of the network on behalf of client councils and is the first point of contact in responding to client and customer requests. The group’s outcomes are delivered through an innovative alliance, comprising people and resources from Wellington Water and Fulton Hogan working together to achieve high-performance for the Wellington community.
Where you come in:
The Technical Advisor Leak Detection role is to support the leakage management programme through private and public leak detection, customer liaison, arranging repair and resolving associated issues. Daily deliverables include:
- Investigating networks and detecting leaks
- Planning and supervising water supply shutdowns
- Allocate work to remediate detected leaks and water related issues
- Managing customer engagement in more complex issues
- Allocating work to remediate leaks/water related issues
- Providing operational input and advice to support capital works project activities such as design, input, water supply shutdown approvals, project handover quality audits.
- Ensuring the safety of yourself, your colleagues and the public in all work activities.
- Contributing to a team and organisational culture that is based on collaboration, innovation, learning and high performance.
- Building strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders including Wellington Water Network Engineering, Council officers, contractors and consultants so they feel well informed and have a high level of trust.
To be successful in this busy role:
You will have the relevant technical/trade qualification and work experience, as well as the relevant health & safety certificates relating to traffic management. You bring a strong work ethic and have solid communication skills to effectively collaborate with your team. A degree of physical fitness to carry out field inspections and enter water/drainage networks is required.
What’s in it for you:
It’s an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue as an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.