- Fulltime, permanent
- Based in Pomare, Porirua or Rongotai
- Infrastructure and environmental sector
Who are we?
At Wellington Water we are improving how we look after our most precious assets - water, health, and the environment - so we can see our communities prosper.
Working across your region, no two days will be the same! You will be responsible for maintaining the water reticulation system and ensuring a continual supply of quality water with minimal interruptions. To do this you'll be:
- Repairing water main failures
- Servicing hydrants and valves
- Installing new water connections on all sizes of mains
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with trade practice
- Flush and charge water mains
- Prepare pre-start paperwork and logging jobs
To be successful in this busy role, you will:
- Be comfortable recording information, including using paper, hand-held computer or tablet
- Have an understanding and commitment to health and safety in the workplace
- Be physically fit
- Have a full, clean driver’s licence
- Be a quick learner who thrives in a busy and fast-paced environment
- Be keen to learn how to operate new equipment, such as compactors, concrete saws, rollers and excavators
- Flexibility to work on a roster that includes shift work/standby
What’s in it for you:
It’s an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue as an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.
Position Description - Serviceperson Water
We will be reviewing and interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received, SO APPLY TODAY!
This role is mandated for COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants will also be required to undergo drug, alcohol, and medical testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.